Youth Program Coordinator |Job Code 20-077
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to organize administrative tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Dependability as well as flexibility to meet the changing needs of a dynamic program.
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as independently.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to interact in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Demonstrated cooperative behavior and experience with positive-problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Available to work dependable, flexible shift including weekends
Description of Duties
- Provide administrative and organizational support to Youth Opportunities for Life Options (YOLO).
- Lead efforts for outreach, recruitment and follow-up of high school students to participate in YOLO.
- Coordinate the distribution and collection of parent consent forms for participation of students in YOLO.
- Obtain parent consent and student assent for participation in YOLO.
- Participate in completion of individual student intake forms prior to the start of YOLO.
- Create schedules and timelines for each group medical visit.
- Ensure material required for each session including worksheets, reading material, snacks are available at the start of the session.
- Track and document program sessions with sign in sheets, detailed notes, photos and any other means deemed appropriate.
- Responsible for the collection and data entry of pre and post-intervention questionnaires.
- Lead evaluation of program by students and residents in collaboration with program leadership.
- Collecting data from intakes, attendance sheets and any questionnaires administered during the programs, and maintaining information in a secure database.
- Serve as a liaison and expand collaboration with the high school administration and after school programs (ARC).
- Oversee purchasing of items for the project and coordination of travel for field trips.
- Responsible for purchasing, tracking expenses, submit necessary forms and other logistics related to the budget.
- Participate in meetings to review existing curriculum and update/develop new curricula based on feedback.
- Provide mentorship to student participants and communicate with program leadership regarding any issues that may arise with participants.
- Assist and help organize sessions for capacity building trainings for physicians and other YOLO facilitators