Trauma Informed Care Physician |Job Code 21-020
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- American Board of Pediatrics Certification
- California Medical License
- DEA Certification
- ≥3 years of outpatient pediatric practice
- Experience working with at-risk populations
- Demonstration of leadership in an organizational structure related to clinical care.
Description of Duties
- 2 half-day continuity clinic supervising residents
- 4-6 half-day general pediatric practice supervising Family Medicine and/or Pediatric residents and seeing own patients.
- 1 day reserved for administrative/academic needs
- Mentor residents throughout the year
- Provide resident lectures/didactic/conference teaching.
- Seek to lead change in our pediatric clinic to provide trauma-informed best practices
- Participate in Adverse Childhood Experiences quality improvement initiatives
- Provide staff training regularly to promote trauma-informed care & communication
- Supervise and coordinate clinical social worker and clinical psychologist and their work in resident continuity clinic towards goal of providing education to residents and services for patients