Study Coordinator | Job Code 21-052
The Lundquist Institute is looking for a Part-time Study Coordinator to join our team in our Torrance, CA location
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- GED or high school diploma, Bachelor’s Degree
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- At least 6 months of patient facing experience (volunteer experience accepted). Examples include but not limited to hospital volunteer, research assistant with patient interaction, EMT, medical scribe, medical assistant, nurse’s assistant, phlebotomist etc.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Attention-to-detail is a MUST.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to process and ship lab samples.
- Ability to independently read, understand and adhere to multiple research protocols.
- Ability to coordinate all aspects of study visits (labs, PI assessments, medical history, MRI) with assistance.
- Ability to identify potential study participants via medical chart review and in-person recruitment efforts.
- Ability to pre-screen, consent, and follow up with study participants.
- Must be comfortable with approaching English and Spanish- speaking patients (in-patient and out-patient) to recruit into clinical trials.
Description of Duties
- Independently read, understand, and adhere to multiple research protocols.
- Identify, contact, and recruit potential study participants following inclusion and exclusion criteria.
- Create and maintain accurate and comprehensive source documents and update for protocol amendments.
- Perform eCRF data entry for multiple protocols in a timely fashion.
- Process and ship laboratory samples according to IATA regulations
- Coordinate all aspects of study visits (labs, PI assessments, medical history, MRI) with assistance.
- Pre-screen via chart review, consent, and follow up with study participants per protocol guidelines.
- Communicate with PI regarding potential study participants.
- Participate and engage in weekly team meeting.
The Lundquist Institute is a non-profit scientific research organization dedicated to saving lives not only in the greater Los Angles metro area but throughout the world. The Institute has over more than 120 principal investigators and 400 researchers in total — MD’s, MD/PhD’s, and PhD’s — working on over 1,000 research studies. We are academically affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and work in partnership with the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. Our research is funded by many sources including grants from the NIH and other government entities, Industry and teaching contracts and royalties, as well as private donors and other non-profit foundations.
Position requires a background check and health clearance
Please apply on-line @ www.Lundquist.org
Equal Opportunity Employer