Staff Research Associate III | 20-073
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- MS degree in Neuroscience, Physiology, Biology, Microbiology or a related Life Sciences discipline
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in specific research areas (e.g. molecular biology, biochemistry, physiology) is essential. Additional experience with extensive bench lab work is preferred. Background in neuroscience is a plus.
- Must have significant experience in mouse colony management.
- Must have significant experience in molecular biology. Experience with genome wide sequencing is a plus.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule to accommodate experiment requirements which may occur on any day of the week.
- In-depth knowledge of the scientific principles, methods and processes (technical and/or theoretical) used to conduct scientific research– including experimental design, methods of data collection and analysis, and interpreting and reporting results.
- Demonstrated expertise at working across and within disciplines.
- A proven team player, able to collaborate and motivate successfully.
- Ability to plan workload effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Confident and competent experimentalist.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well independently or as part of a team.
Description of Duties:
This is a position in the Jendzjowsky Lab investigating neuro-immune control of airway defense and will actively participate in laboratory’s important research.
- Perform routine molecular biology, immunohistochemistry, histology and immunology laboratory procedures, such as qPCR, DNA electrophoresis, DNA and RNA preparation and Western Blots, routine histology stains, immunohistochemistry, immunocytochemistry, flow cytometry.
- Animal handling and mouse colony management, including genotyping, maintaining, and expanding transgenic colonies are required
- Perform primary cell culture experiments.
- Helps perform microscopic imaging analyses using confocal microscope.
- Adhere to standards for safety and hygiene and ethical conduct as defined by the Institute and relevant outside parties.
- Assist in maintaining inventory of supplies, equipment and/or reagents. Assist with ordering supplies/equipment/reagents as authorized or ensure that needs are escalated appropriately.
- Receive supply orders and confirm accuracy of delivery.
- Collects, analyzes, and assures validity of data independently and reports to direct supervisor.
- Ensures a clean working area and is responsible for washing and storing glassware.