Staff Research Associate II
Torrance, US-CA 90502
FT 100 % for 40-hours per week (regular full-time benefits)
# of Openings:
Minimum education requirements:
Based on qualifications and experience
7/25/20 1:03 PM
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- BS degree in biochemistry, molecular biology or a related life sciences degree, or comparable work experience
- One to three years relevant laboratory experiences preferred in a biological scientific field
- Experience with general animal handling including drug administration, animal dissection, tissue collections, experience with generation of lung injury models in rodents a plus
- Ability to perform general molecular biology experiments such as real time RT-PCR, Western blotting, and cell culture
- Experience with histological techniques, including immunohistochemistry and microscopy techniques, as well as other laboratory techniques a plus.
- Computer skills: working knowledge of MS-Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) is required.
Description of Duties:
- Perform in vivo experiments, including drug administrations in rodents, and other routine procedures, such as health monitoring, recording food intake and body weight, blood collection and necropsy.
- Assist with other researchers to generate different lung injury models in rodents.
- Perform bench work involving lab techniques such as DNA, RNA and protein extraction, real time RT-PCR, Western blotting, and cell culture.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Must be able to draft experimental protocols and procedures
- Maintain accurate record of experiments, collect data, perform data entry, and maintain databases