Staff Research Associate II | Job Code 21-032
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- BS degree in biochemistry, molecular biology or a related life sciences degree, or comparable work experience. Masters degree in a related life science highly desired.
- Must have prior experience within a life sciences lab. Collegiate lab experience is acceptable.
- Requires advanced knowledge of biological processes
- Knowledge of basic cell and molecular biology techniques and biochemistry experiments required. Knowledge of PCR, DNA and RNA extractions, electrophoresis, and similar lab techniques required.
- Basic understanding of mouse handling techniques required. Proficiency in mouse colony maintenance and animal husbandry techniques desired.
- Ability to learn quickly and to function with minimal day-to-day direction. Self- motivated.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Ability to interact in an appropriate and professional manner
- Available to work dependable, flexible shift
- Computer skills: working knowledge of MS-Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) is required.
Description of Duties:
- Conduct research and assist other lab members with their research projects and experiments
- Assist lab members in organizing resources, preparing solutions, acquiring data, etc.
- Design, perform, and troubleshooting experiments
- Perform bench work involving lab techniques such as DNA, RNA and protein extraction, real time RT-PCR, and cell culture and differentiation
- Perform animal experimentation include tail snipping, genotyping, breeding and weaning
- Maintain accurate record of experiments, collect data, perform data entry, and maintain databases