Required Skills & Qualifications:
- PhD in Pathology, Immunology or a related life science discipline
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a basic science research laboratory working on research projects related to cancer or immunology.
- Have a track record of publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Solid knowledge in cancer immunology, molecular and cell biology
- Have developed foundation in technical skills including sterile tissue culture techniques
- Experience in handling mice, flow cytometry, molecular techniques and basic computer programming is preferred.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple simultaneous tasks
- Ability to participate in the preparation of grant applications and publications
- Ability to design and execute experiments, critically interpret experiments results and present the data in a meaningful manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Description of Duties:
- Design and executes experimental procedures.
- Participates in conducting research studies – including performing laboratory assays such as flow cytometry, RT-PCR, Immunohistochemistry, RNA extractions and cell culture.
- Participates in the development and analysis of in vivo experiments involving mice including anesthesia injections, aseptic work, animal handling and tissue excision.
- Responsible for generating, analyzing conducting statistical analyses and [resenting scientific data in progress reports, manuscripts and gran applications.
- Assists in maintaining the inventory, supplies needed for research and coordination of samples/activities from various collaborating departments at UCLA and others.
- Assists in student training as well as training new staff and collaborators in research techniques and activities.
- Maintains related correspondence and regulatory paper work.
- Reply to all communications (such as email and telephone) within one business day.
- Assist in writing policies and procedures as needed and requested by supervisor.
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve technical difficulties.