Research Fellow | Job Code 22-006
The Lundquist Institute is looking for an Research Fellow to join our team in our Torrance, CA location
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Advanced degree in a biological science program
- Ph.D in biological Science
- English proficiency required
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule to accommodate experiment requirements, which may occur on any day of the week.
- In-depth knowledge of the scientific principles, methods and processes (technical and/or theoretical) used to conduct scientific research-including experimental design, methods of data collection and analysis, and interpreting and reporting results.
- Demonstrated expertise at working across and within disciplines, such as neuroscience and molecular biology.
- A proven team player, able to collaborate and motivate successfully.
- Ability to plan workload effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Confident and competent experimentalist.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Ability to interact in an appropriate and professional manner
- Demonstrated cooperative behavior and positive-problem solving and conflict resolution skills
Description of Duties
- Performs primary cell culture experiments.
- Helps perform microscopic imaging analyses using confocal microscope.
- Adheres to standards for safety and hygiene and ethical conduct as defined by the Institute and relevant outside parties.
- Assists in maintaining inventory of supplies, equipment and/or reagents. Assist with ordering supplies/equipment/reagents as authorized or ensure that needs are escalated appropriately.
- Receives supply orders and confirms accuracy of delivery.
- Collects, analyzes, and assures validity of data independently and reports to direct supervisor.
- Ensures a clean working area and is responsible for washing and storing glassware
- Performs other duties as assigned
The Lundquist Institute is a non-profit scientific research organization dedicated to saving lives not only in the greater Los Angles metro area but throughout the world. The Institute has over more than 120 principal investigators and 400 researchers in total — MD’s, MD/PhD’s, and PhD’s — working on over 1,000 research studies. We are academically affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and work in partnership with the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. Our research is funded by many sources including grants from the NIH and other government entities, Industry and teaching contracts and royalties, as well as private donors and other non-profit foundations.
Position requires a background check and health clearance
Please apply on-line @ www.Lundquist.org
Equal Opportunity Employer