Research & Sponsored Programs Field Officer | Job Code 20-053
Job Code 20-053
Torrance, US-CA 90502
FT 100 % for 40-hours per week (regular full-time benefits)
# of Openings:
Minimum education requirements:
7/30/20 9:31 AM
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2-5 years of research administration experience analytical skills
- comfort reading and analyzing written directions
- interacting with Principal Investigators and Research Community
- Knowledge and understanding of research administration and its role in the scientific environment
- Exposure to federal circulars; NIH policies and procedures: Grants.gov web-site. Some knowledge of CA & LA County requirements a plus.
- Requires the ability to prioritize duties and multiple deadlines.
- Open to training in a team environment in which senior level staff and supervisor will be guiding on best practices and process with the expectation of employee to communicate with team on difficulties and competencies
- Work toward developing judgment and the ability to make sound independent decisions in a timely manner
- Work toward the ability to focus on a high level of detail while multi-tasking and managing simultaneous projects
- Possess the ability to communicate in a clear, concise and understandable manner, both orally and in writing
- Ability to read spreadsheets and database software to retrieve data, reporting and data manipulation purposes. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to interact in an appropriate and professional manner
- Demonstrated cooperative behavior and willing to engage in positive-problem solving and conflict resolution
Description of Duties
- engages in the craft of consulting and advising investigators and associated staff on application submissions, assist with proposal and budget development and develop proper recommendations for spending plans.
- reviews and accepts award terms, engages in simple negotiations with sponsor
- manages and monitors projects for compliance with sponsor and institute guidelines throughout the lifecycle of external funding.
- Direct Portfolio Support for specified “Institute within the Institute” research group at “fund manager” level
- Participate in the design, implementation and on-going utilization of grants management infrastructure.
- Review and analyze and interpret award terms and conditions with support of supervisor.
- Other duties as may be assigned