Program Coordinator | Job Code 21-061
The Lundquist Institute is looking for a Full-time Program Coordinator to join our team in our Torrance, CA location
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- GED or high school Diploma
- California Phlebotomy
- Specialized knowledge of medical terminology and condition
- Specialized knowledge of patients' various mental health, physical, and cultural challenges in accessing and maintain in care
- Specialized knowledge of epidemiology, electronic health records, and data management
- Specialize knowledge in using complex statistical software (SAS and SPSS) for analyzing safety and/or effectiveness of drug/methods
- Specialized knowledge in writing scientific manuscripts: submit one published scientific manuscript for review
- 3-5 years experience in the areas of specialized knowledge listed above
- Additional experience teaching students
- Ability to recruit and consent study participants with various health conditions and backgrounds
- Ability to coordinate both study participant and study team schedules
- Ability to interact with study participants in an empathetic and compassionate manner
- Skilled in preparing and submitting IRB applications
- Knowledge of and skilled in reading abstracting medical information from health records
- Ability to manager patient data and interpret responses from patient surveys
- Ability to manage laboratory data
- Ability to prepare for and coordinate monitor visits and study audits
- Provide technical assistance on the use of complex statistical and epidemiologic techniques
- Ability to design. implement, analyze the results of applied epidemiologic research studies
- Ability to write scientific manuscripts for publication in professional peer reviewed journals
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Ability to interact in an appropriate and professional manner
- Demonstrated cooperative behavior and positive-problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Available to work dependable, flexible shift
Description of Duties
- Lead all regulatory issues
- Responsible for recruitment enrollment and retention of study participants into various clinical trials
- Preparing. submitting, and maintaining I RB approvals
- Perform statistical data analysis using SAS
- Write reports on research findings and disseminate results for publications, peer reviewed journals, and special reports
- Liasioning with pharmacy, CTRC staff, sponsors, and outside vendors to manage trials
- Assist with study related invoicing and tracking
- Ability to travel to study participants" homes. other medical centers and into the community
- Other duties as may be assigned (required)
- Medical: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or POS group medical insurance benefits. The cost for these benefits is shared between the Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Dental: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or PPO group dental insurance benefit options, including orthodontic allowances. The cost for these benefits is shared between Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Vision: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with group vision insurance benefit options. The cost for these benefits is shared between Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Disability: Eligible employees are provided with long-term disability insurance, which is fully paid for by Lundquist Institute This insurance provides benefits if an employee becomes disabled due to illness, pregnancy, or injury for more than 120 days.
- Paid Vacation: Eligible employees can accumulate ten (10) hours of vacation per month up to a maximum of 15 working days per year.
- Pension Plan: The Lundquist Institute provides a retirement plan for eligible employees, which is fully funded by Lundquist Institute. The Lundquist Institute makes an annual contribution based on each employee’s earnings in accordance with the provisions of the plan.
- Supplemental Retirement: Eligible employees can participate in a 403(b) supplemental retirement plan which allows pretax contributions. The Lundquist Institute offers a variety of investment options through Fidelity Investment, TIAA/CREF.
- Life Insurance: Eligible employees are provided with group life insurance, which is fully paid for by the Lundquist Institute.
- Paid Sick Leave: Eligible employees can accrue up to ten (10) days of sick leave per year.
The Lundquist Institute is a non-profit scientific research organization dedicated to saving lives not only in the greater Los Angles metro area but throughout the world. The Institute has over more than 120 principal investigators and 400 researchers in total — MD’s, MD/PhD’s, and PhD’s — working on over 1,000 research studies. We are academically affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and work in partnership with the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. Our research is funded by many sources including grants from the NIH and other government entities, Industry and teaching contracts and royalties, as well as private donors and other non-profit foundations.
Position requires a background check and health clearance
Please apply on-line @
Equal Opportunity Employer