Program Coordinator | Job Code 21-047
The Lundquist Institute is looking for a Program Coordinator to join our team in our Torrance, CA location
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- GED or high school Diploma
- Meeting /event scheduling
- Fiscal Management: oversight of budgets
- Submitting and managing lab orders
Description of Duties
- Meeting/event scheduling, zoom meeting setup, sending out meeting invitations and reminders, contacting and assisting seminar speakers with travel and itinerary
- Remind project leads and Core Directors of schedules for various events, including meetings, progress reports, grant and manuscript deadlines, to ensure that administrative reports and other paperwork are ready in a timely manner
- Collect all documents and prepare annual progress report for the Center
- Fiscal management of the Center, preparation and oversight of budgets, preparation and distribution of monthly reports to the three project leads and directors of the two technical cores as well as administering any costs associated with the Community Outreach and Education activities
- Serve as liaison among the Center, the grant/contract officers, and NICH NCTRI program officer
- Help projects 1 and 2 with lab needs when called upon, e.g. placing orders of lab consumables, contacting vendors for equipment repair, shipping samples, etc
- Medical: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or POS group medical insurance benefits. The cost for these benefits is shared between the Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Dental: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or PPO group dental insurance benefit options, including orthodontic allowances. The cost for these benefits is shared between Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Vision: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with group vision insurance benefit options. The cost for these benefits is shared between Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Disability: Eligible employees are provided with long-term disability insurance, which is fully paid for by Lundquist Institute This insurance provides benefits if an employee becomes disabled due to illness, pregnancy, or injury for more than 120 days.
- Paid Vacation: Eligible employees can accumulate ten (10) hours of vacation per month up to a maximum of 15 working days per year.
- Pension Plan: The Lundquist Institute provides a retirement plan for eligible employees, which is fully funded by Lundquist Institute. The Lundquist Institute makes an annual contribution based on each employee’s earnings in accordance with the provisions of the plan.
- Supplemental Retirement: Eligible employees can participate in a 403(b) supplemental retirement plan which allows pretax contributions. The Lundquist Institute offers a variety of investment options through Fidelity Investment, TIAA/CREF.
- Life Insurance: Eligible employees are provided with group life insurance, which is fully paid for by the Lundquist Institute.
- Paid Sick Leave: Eligible employees can accrue up to ten (10) days of sick leave per year.
The Lundquist Institute is a non-profit scientific research organization dedicated to saving lives not only in the greater Los Angles metro area but throughout the world. The Institute has over more than 120 principal investigators and 400 researchers in total — MD’s, MD/PhD’s, and PhD’s — working on over 1,000 research studies. We are academically affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and work in partnership with the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. Our research is funded by many sources including grants from the NIH and other government entities, Industry and teaching contracts and royalties, as well as private donors and other non-profit foundations.
Position requires a background check and health clearance
Please apply on-line @ www.Lundquist.org
Equal Opportunity Employer