Postdoctoral Research Fellow | 20-072
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- PhD in Biomedical Sciences or a related Life Sciences discipline
- A background in neuroscience is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of the scientific principles, methods and processes (technical and/or theoretical) used to conduct scientific research– including experimental design, methods of data collection and analysis, and interpreting and reporting results.
- Confident and competent experimentalist.
- Must have extensive bench lab work experience, including proficiency with Two-Photon/Multiphoton microscopy and 3D tissue clearing, cell culture of neurons and neuroendocrine cells; immunocytochemistry, immunohistochemistry and immunosorbent assays.
- Must have significant experience in mouse colony management.
- Must have scheduling flexibility to accommodate experiment requirements that may occur on any day of the week.
- Demonstrated success with working across and within disciplines. A proven team player, with the ability to collaborate and also work independently and to plan own workload effectively.
- Ability to write papers and grants
Description of Duties:
This position is a Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Jendzjowsky Lab investigating neuro-immune control of airway defense and will actively participate in laboratory’s important research. The primary duties will involve designing and executing experiments for projects focused on the neuro-immune sensing and reflex implementation in response to allergens and bacteria as well as animal husbandry and lab administration.