Nutrition Assistant I | Job Code 21-011
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- GED or high school Diploma
- WNA certified or college coursework in maternal and child health/nutrition or related field a plus.
Description of Duties:
- Under specific direction, is responsible for conducting group nutrition, breastfeeding, and health education activities.
- Performs nutritional and breastfeeding risk assessment, individual education and breastfeeding support for low-risk women, infants, and children participating in the WIC Program.
- Conducts enrollment and certification of WIC Program applicants and participants according to state and federal program guidelines.
- Prints and distributes WIC Wise cards in accordance with established procedures and performs clerical functions to support WIC Program site operations.