Library Aide |Job Code 21-084
The Lundquist Institute is looking for a Part-time Library Aide to join our team in our Torrance, CA location
The library aide works under the supervision of the library assistant and works with other library staff in areas of assigned responsibilities. They assist in opening and closing the library if working during the first or last shift. They assist staff with daily, routine library operations. Their duties may include library searches, general clerical work, data entry, audiovisual setups, assisting patrons, book repairs, and maintaining statistics.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- GED or High School diploma is preferred. Volunteer, clerical, or library experience preferred.
- Familiarity preferred with knowledge of AV equipment and excellent English communication skills required.
- Basic keyboarding, attention to detail and ability to alphabetize required.
Description of Duties
- Supports medical, administrative and nursing meetings with laptops and projectors.
- Perform general clerical library tasks such as circulation of books and journals, light typing and filing. Use of the online catalog is required.
- Provide customer service to library patrons, assist library patrons with locating library materials and accurately checking them out.
- Answer telephone calls.
- Deliver audiovisual equipment to medical meetings.
- Shelving books and journals.
- Perform opening and closing Library duties.