Laboratory Technician | Job Code 20-012
Torrance, US-CA 90502
FT 100 % for 40-hours per week (regular full-time benefits)
# of Openings:
Minimum education requirements:
2/20/20 10:37 AM
Excellent opportunity to gain life sciences lab experience in a state-of-the–art research environment. The Yoshihara Lab is interested in the origins of life/physiology and the molecular genetics of pancreatic islets, metabolic disease, inflammation (including autoimmune diseases and diabetes) and using this information to devise regenerative medicine and small-molecule therapies for type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Position is responsible for assisting with molecular genetics research focusing on mouse models of diabetes and for managing mouse colonies that support these studies. In addition, will have opportunity to perform stem cell related experiments, include culture and differentiation of human induced pluripotent stem cells (hiPSCs) by using 3D Organoids system. One of our focus is generation of human pancreatic islets and peripheral nerve systems from human Pluripotent Stem Cells (hPSCs). We are seeking a highly motivated individual interested in assisting in this research.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Biology or a related life science.
- Master degree desired.
- Some prior research lab experience.
- Some prior experience handling lab mice
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Description of Duties
- Assist with molecular genetics research focusing on mouse models of diabetes and for managing mouse colonies that support these studies.
- Perform stem cell related experiments, include culture and differentiation of human induced pluripotent stem cells (hiPSCs) by using 3D Organoids system.
- Perform a variety of lab techniques such as PCR, DNA and RNA extractions, genotyping, sequencing, mutation screening and similar lab techniques.
- Data analysis and maintenance of tissue, DNA, and other experimental samples
- Assist with general laboratory maintenance, including equipment maintenance and ordering of supplies.