The Lundquist Institute is looking for a Full-time Community Health Worker to join our team in our Torrance, CA location
Required Skills & Qualifications:
· GED or high school diploma
· Bilingual English/Spanish
· Lived or has professional experience with diabetes and/or hypertension
· 6 months of full-time experience working with the public or with community groups performing duties such as interviewing clients concerning health or social service matters, answering questions and providing information about health, mental health, and social services or 6 months experience at the level of Community Health Worker or equivalent
· Ability to organize administrative tasks.
· Ability to communicate effectively. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Dependability as well as flexibility to meet the changing needs of a dynamic program
· Ability to work as a member of a team as well as independently
· Ability to work well under pressure and meet multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
· Ability to interact in an appropriate and professional manner.
· Demonstrated cooperative behavior and experience with positive-problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
· Available to work dependable, flexible shift including evenings and weekends (only if needed).
Description of Duties
· The REACH Community Health Worker (CHW) will provide outreach, education, navigation and case management services to Lomita Family Health Center justice involved individuals who have been recently releas ed with chronic diseases including substance use and mental illness
· Operating in a supportive role within an interdisciplinary health care team utilizing an integrated care and treatment model.
· Providing outreach, case management, and navigational services to recently released, previously incarcerated persons with chronic medical, psychiatric, and substance use conditions
· Collaborate with primary care providers and the behavioral health team to provide health and behavioral interventions that will maximize client health outcomes
· Medical: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or POS group medical insurance benefits. The cost for these benefits is shared between the Lundquist Institute and the employee.
· Dental: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or PPO group dental insurance benefit options, including orthodontic allowances. The cost for these benefits is shared between Lundquist Institute and the employee.
· Vision: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with group vision insurance benefit options. The cost for these benefits is shared between Lundquist Institute and the employee.
· Disability: Eligible employees are provided with long-term disability insurance, which is fully paid for by Lundquist Institute This insurance provides benefits if an employee becomes disabled due to illness, pregnancy, or injury for more than 120 days.
· Paid Vacation: Eligible employees can accumulate ten (10) hours of vacation per month up to a maximum of 15 working days per year.
· Pension Plan: The Lundquist Institute provides a retirement plan for eligible employees, which is fully funded by Lundquist Institute. The Lundquist Institute makes an annual contribution based on each employee’s earnings in accordance with the provisions of the plan.
· Supplemental Retirement: Eligible employees can participate in a 403(b) supplemental retirement plan which allows pretax contributions. The Lundquist Institute offers a variety of investment options through Fidelity Investment, TIAA/CREF.
· Life Insurance: Eligible employees are provided with group life insurance, which is fully paid for by the Lundquist Institute.
· Paid Sick Leave: Eligible employees can accrue up to ten (10) days of sick leave per year.
The Lundquist Institute is a non-profit scientific research organization dedicated to saving lives not only in the greater Los Angles metro area but throughout the world. The Institute has over more than 120 principal investigators and 400 researchers in total — MD’s, MD/PhD’s, and PhD’s — working on over 1,000 research studies. We are academically affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and work in partnership with the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. Our research is funded by many sources including grants from the NIH and other government entities, Industry and teaching contracts and royalties, as well as private donors and other non-profit foundations.
Position requires a background check and health clearance
Please apply on-line @ www.Lundquist.org
Equal Opportunity Employer