The Lundquist Institute is looking for a Part-time Library Aid to join our team in our Torrance, CA location
The library aide works under the supervision of the library assistant and works with other library staff in areas of assigned responsibilities. They assist in opening and closing the library if working during the first or last shift. They assist staff with daily, routine library operations. Their duties may include library searches, general clerical work, data entry, audiovisual setups, assisting patrons, book repairs, and maintaining statistics.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- GED or High School diploma is preferred. Volunteer, clerical, or library experience preferred.
- Familiarity preferred with knowledge of AV equipment and excellent English communication skills required.
- Basic keyboarding, attention to detail and ability to alphabetize required.
Description of Duties
- Supports medical, administrative and nursing meetings with laptops and projectors.
- Perform general clerical library tasks such as circulation of books and journals, light typing and filing. Use of the online catalog is required.
- Provide customer service to library patrons, assist library patrons with locating library materials and accurately checking them out.
- Answer telephone calls.
- Deliver audiovisual equipment to medical meetings.
- Shelving books and journals.
- Perform opening and closing Library duties.
The Lundquist Institute is a non-profit scientific research organization dedicated to saving lives not only in the greater Los Angles metro area but throughout the world. The Institute has over more than 120 principal investigators and 400 researchers in total — MD’s, MD/PhD’s, and PhD’s — working on over 1,000 research studies. We are academically affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and work in partnership with the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. Our research is funded by many sources including grants from the NIH and other government entities, Industry and teaching contracts and royalties, as well as private donors and other non-profit foundations.
Position requires a background check and health clearance
Please apply on-line @ www.Lundquist.org
Equal Opportunity Employer