The Lundquist Institute is looking for a Full-time Community Healthcare Worker I to join our team in our Torrance, CA location
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- GED or high school Diploma
- Spanish desired not required
- Lived experience and/or work experience with under-resourced populations in L.A. County or other urban under-resourced area in the US
- CHWs must have lived experience (themselves or family members) or work experience in one or more areas:incarceration, military service, pregnancy and birth, disability, foster system placement, homelessness, mental health conditions, substance use, being a survivor of intimate partner violence or abuse, children with developmental diabilities, lack of health insurance or insurance from Medicaid/Medi-Cal,or other experiences trying to obtain care from social services agencies, schools, mental health, or related services.
Description of Duties
- Help patients and families reach needed support for children with behvioral health challenges. This may include regualr calls to families, managing, referrals, and gathering more information from families to decide how to best help them with supervision with patients and families electronically
- Participate in weekly meetings
- Participate in surveys, interviews, and focus groups sharing your experiences
- Works with community organizations to best respond to families behavioral health challenges in their children
- Advocate for families to access supportive services, identify family needs and provide available resources or linkages
- Assist families with completing forms and applying for benefits
- Communicate with local organizations
- Medical: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or POS group medical insurance benefits. The cost for these benefits is shared between the Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Dental: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or PPO group dental insurance benefit options, including orthodontic allowances. The cost for these benefits is shared between Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Vision: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with group vision insurance benefit options. The cost for these benefits is shared between Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Disability: Eligible employees are provided with long-term disability insurance, which is fully paid for by Lundquist Institute This insurance provides benefits if an employee becomes disabled due to illness, pregnancy, or injury for more than 120 days.
- Paid Vacation: Eligible employees can accumulate ten (10) hours of vacation per month up to a maximum of 15 working days per year.
- Pension Plan: The Lundquist Institute provides a retirement plan for eligible employees, which is fully funded by Lundquist Institute. The Lundquist Institute makes an annual contribution based on each employee’s earnings in accordance with the provisions of the plan.
- Supplemental Retirement: Eligible employees can participate in a 403(b) supplemental retirement plan which allows pretax contributions. The Lundquist Institute offers a variety of investment options through Fidelity Investment, TIAA/CREF.
- Life Insurance: Eligible employees are provided with group life insurance, which is fully paid for by the Lundquist Institute.
- Paid Sick Leave: Eligible employees can accrue up to ten (10) days of sick leave per year.
The Lundquist Institute is a non-profit scientific research organization dedicated to saving lives not only in the greater Los Angles metro area but throughout the world. The Institute has over more than 120 principal investigators and 400 researchers in total — MD’s, MD/PhD’s, and PhD’s — working on over 1,000 research studies. We are academically affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and work in partnership with the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. Our research is funded by many sources including grants from the NIH and other government entities, Industry and teaching contracts and royalties, as well as private donors and other non-profit foundations.
Position requires a background check and health clearance
Please apply on-line @ www.Lundquist.org
Equal Opportunity Employer