The Lundquist Institute is looking for a Full-time Clinical Social Worker to join our team in our Torrance, CA location
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- GED or high school Diploma
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bilingual Spanish (desired, not required)
- Master’s degree- Social work
- (Desired, not required) 2 years of full-time experience as a licensed clinical soical worker providing Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) and/or an evidence-based, manualized positiove parenting program such as Triple P, Incredible Years, Parent Management Training -Oregon Model, or related parenting program for parents of children facing behavioral health challenges and stressful or traumatic life experiences
- Lived experience and/or work experience with under-resourced populations in L.A. County or other urban under-resourced area in the U.S.
- Current license in clinical social work with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- Communicate, partner with, and advocate for under-resourced families with children and teens in L.A. County to address their social and behavioral health needs
- Collaborate with supervising social worker and medical staff and community health workers to help us address under-resourced families’ social and behavioral health needs for children and teens
- Deliver 5-10 sessions evidence-based therapy for children and families facing behavioral challenges
- Ability to communicate effectively. Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Familiarity and ability to use Microsoft Office Programs Word, Excel, Powerpoint and e-meeting software (Teams, Zoom)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Dependability as well as flexibility to meet the changing needs of a dynamic program
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as independently
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
Description of Duties
- Provide "enhanced care management" services to patients with behavioral health challenges, including: Patient outreach/engagement, care coordination, patient screening and assessment, health promotion, transitional care, family support, referral management
- Provide individual and family assessment and/or sessions of individual or group therapy for patients and families with behavioral health challenges
- Collaborate with supervisors to refine care management algorithms and complete patient-centered electronic reports
- Participate in weekly multi-disciplinary meetings to discuss enhanced care management activities
- Participate in grant related evaluation activities, such as surveys, interviews, and focus groups sharing your experiences
- Conduct comprehensive psychosocial assessments with patient’s and their families to develop and implement interventions and treatment plans
- Provide psychosocial assessment and appropriate psychotherapeutic and/or systems intervention to enable patients and families to cope with behavioral health challenges
- Serve as a lead in the absence of the clinical social work supervisor
- Is courteous and cooperative in dealing with patients, their families, and visitors
- Identifies, evaluates, and reports elder, child, and intimate partner violence and abuse
- Quality improvement indicators
- Provides alternate coverage
- Documents written psychosocial evaluation and identify problems, treatment process, and clinical outcome in the medical record
- Participates in discussions, team conferences, and provides consultation to multi-disciplinary staff
- Identifies learning needs and utilizes supervisor to develop clinical skills
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Medical: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or POS group medical insurance benefits. The cost for these benefits is shared between the Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Dental: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or PPO group dental insurance benefit options, including orthodontic allowances. The cost for these benefits is shared between Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Vision: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with group vision insurance benefit options. The cost for these benefits is shared between Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Disability: Eligible employees are provided with long-term disability insurance, which is fully paid for by Lundquist Institute This insurance provides benefits if an employee becomes disabled due to illness, pregnancy, or injury for more than 120 days.
- Paid Vacation: Eligible employees can accumulate ten (10) hours of vacation per month up to a maximum of 15 working days per year.
- Pension Plan: The Lundquist Institute provides a retirement plan for eligible employees, which is fully funded by Lundquist Institute. The Lundquist Institute makes an annual contribution based on each employee’s earnings in accordance with the provisions of the plan.
- Supplemental Retirement: Eligible employees can participate in a 403(b) supplemental retirement plan which allows pretax contributions. The Lundquist Institute offers a variety of investment options through Fidelity Investment, TIAA/CREF.
- Life Insurance: Eligible employees are provided with group life insurance, which is fully paid for by the Lundquist Institute.
- Paid Sick Leave: Eligible employees can accrue up to ten (10) days of sick leave per year.
The Lundquist Institute is a non-profit scientific research organization dedicated to saving lives not only in the greater Los Angles metro area but throughout the world. The Institute has over more than 120 principal investigators and 400 researchers in total — MD’s, MD/PhD’s, and PhD’s — working on over 1,000 research studies. We are academically affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and work in partnership with the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. Our research is funded by many sources including grants from the NIH and other government entities, Industry and teaching contracts and royalties, as well as private donors and other non-profit foundations.
Position requires a background check and health clearance
Please apply on-line @ www.Lundquist.org
Equal Opportunity Employer