The Lundquist Institute Office of Public Affairs is looking for an experienced A/V technician to set up and operate media equipment for live, livestream, video events, and administrative conference room management and scheduling. Reporting to the Sr. VP for Public Affairs, the A/V technician and conference room coordinator will be responsible for assessing, organizing, and installing media equipment such as projectors, microphones, video monitors, and sound boards and coordinating conference room processing and management. The person in this role will also be required to oversee the venue layout to enhance acoustics.
The successful candidate will have up-to-date knowledge of audio and video equipment, experience with lighting and filming techniques, and will have excellent troubleshooting skills. In addition, the AV technician must be able to create superb audio and visual effects to enhance any live and video experience as well as have ample experience with conference room scheduling .
- Calendar conference room management and scheduling
- Meeting with event coordinators to discuss audio, lighting, and video requirements
- Overseeing venue arrangements according to layout diagrams
- Laying electrical and sound cables
- Setting up and installing microphones, lights, video monitors, projectors, speakers, and video cameras
- Conducting sound, visual, and performance quality checks on AV equipment
- Operating sound and visual equipment during live events
- Troubleshooting equipment and ensuring events run smoothly
- Maintaining strong customer relations
- Disassembling audio and visual equipment and packing up after an event
- Experience in sound engineering or a similar field
- Previous experience working as an A/V technician
- Familiarity with iOS and Windows based computers, web conferencing software including Zoom, Uber conference, and Teams
- In-depth knowledge of sound, video, and lighting equipment
- Familiarity with computers and IP Networking Systems
- Knowledge of modern filming and sound mixing techniques
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in-person and via telephone or videoconference.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills