The Lundquist Institute is looking for a Part-time Medical Assistant to join our team in our Torrance, CA location
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- GED or high school Diploma
- Medical Assistant Certification and Basic Life Support CPR Certification
- Entry level medical assistant externship experience
- Up to one year of phlebotomy experience preferred.
- General front and back-office duties.
- Vitals, phlebotomy, ECGs, specimen collection and processing, assist with set-ups and clinical procedures.
- Clean and disinfect exam rooms, clinic and laboratory areas and equipment.
- Ability to maintain neat and accurate records in computerized systems and on paper.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to interact in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Demonstrate cooperative behavior and positive-problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision.
Description of Duties
- Greet clients, answer multiple phone lines, check-in participants, prepare client charts, and coordinate with charge nurse on daily assignments.
- Perform phlebotomy, electrocardiogram, POCTs, and other clinic procedures in a skillful and safe manner.
- Obtain height, weight, vital signs, specimen collection, intake and output, and other tasks.
- Coordinate, register, and schedule appointments; enter and maintain accurate census records.
- Retrieve, copy, file, and maintain charts and records in an orderly manner.
- Set-up, label, and process laboratory samples and arrange for pick-up or delivery.
- Clean, disinfect, organize, and prepare office, laboratory, and clinic areas.
- Assist physicians and nurses with protocol procedures.
- Clean, disinfect, perform quality control and maintain logs for centrifuge, freezers, refrigerators, and other clinic equipment.
- Order, maintain, and restock office, clinic, and laboratory supplies
- Assist Supervisor and Manager with other projects as needed.
The Lundquist Institute is a non-profit scientific research organization dedicated to saving lives not only in the greater Los Angles metro area but throughout the world. The Institute has over more than 120 principal investigators and 400 researchers in total — MD’s, MD/PhD’s, and PhD’s — working on over 1,000 research studies. We are academically affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and work in partnership with the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. Our research is funded by many sources including grants from the NIH and other government entities, Industry and teaching contracts and royalties, as well as private donors and other non-profit foundations.
Position requires a background check and health clearance
Please apply on-line @ www.Lundquist.org
Equal Opportunity Employer