The Lundquist Institute is looking for a Full-time Clinical Trials Financial Analyst to join our team in our Torrance, CA location
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree- Business, Finance, Public Health, Public Administration
- At least 3 years experience in clinical trail budgeting
- At least 5 years experience in research administration overall
- Understand the difference between per patient/per sample/milestone and cost reimbursed budgeting
- Understand and put into Practice Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Thorough understanding of clinical trial process from protocol to study closure
- Knowledge and understanding of Medicare Coverage Analysis
- Understanding of pre- and post-award issues
- Understand impact of budget on contracting and financial management
- Knowledge of and potential relationships with/industry sponsors
- Ability to provide technical advice to faculty and staff in his/her area of expertise
- Ability to use and understand Microsoft Office Suite (including intermediate understanding of excel)
Description of Duties
- Serve as central contact for clinical trial and industry sponsored budget development
- Ability to understand and write a budget based on a clinical trial protocol
- Ensure budgets support organizational and sponsor policies and procedures
- Must have excellent organizational and coordinating skills
- Assist with the negotiation of clinical trial/industry budgets, CDAs/NDAs, and DUAs as necessary
- Analyze and evaluate client questions as they relate to CT/Industry budgets and contracts
- Ability to perform complex tasks and prioritize multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies
- Medical: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or POS group medical insurance benefits. The cost for these benefits is shared between the Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Dental: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or PPO group dental insurance benefit options, including orthodontic allowances. The cost for these benefits is shared between Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Vision: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with group vision insurance benefit options. The cost for these benefits is shared between Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Disability: Eligible employees are provided with long-term disability insurance, which is fully paid for by Lundquist Institute This insurance provides benefits if an employee becomes disabled due to illness, pregnancy, or injury for more than 120 days.
- Paid Vacation: Eligible employees can accumulate ten (10) hours of vacation per month up to a maximum of 15 working days per year.
- Pension Plan: The Lundquist Institute provides a retirement plan for eligible employees, which is fully funded by Lundquist Institute. The Lundquist Institute makes an annual contribution based on each employee’s earnings in accordance with the provisions of the plan.
- Supplemental Retirement: Eligible employees can participate in a 403(b) supplemental retirement plan which allows pretax contributions. The Lundquist Institute offers a variety of investment options through Fidelity Investment, TIAA/CREF.
- Life Insurance: Eligible employees are provided with group life insurance, which is fully paid for by the Lundquist Institute.
- Paid Sick Leave: Eligible employees can accrue up to ten (10) days of sick leave per year.
The Lundquist Institute is a non-profit scientific research organization dedicated to saving lives not only in the greater Los Angles metro area but throughout the world. The Institute has over more than 120 principal investigators and 400 researchers in total — MD’s, MD/PhD’s, and PhD’s — working on over 1,000 research studies. We are academically affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and work in partnership with the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. Our research is funded by many sources including grants from the NIH and other government entities, Industry and teaching contracts and royalties, as well as private donors and other non-profit foundations.
Position requires a background check and health clearance
Please apply on-line @ www.Lundquist.org
Equal Opportunity Employer