The Lundquist Institute is looking for a Full-time Project Manager I to join our team in our Torrance, CA location
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 year of experience with research-related activities and administrative duties and functions
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate well with internal and external research and professional staff
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to make detailed observations
- Follow established policies and procedures to perform the functions of the job
- Compiles results and prepares technical reports and documentation of outcomes
Description of Duties
- Administrative assistant/project manager for research related activities 40%
- Project manager for P50 Center Male Reproductive Epigenomics Center 20% and Community Outreach and Education Core 4%
- Project Manager for the Community Engagement and Research Core of the CTSI 25%
- Administrative support for the IWI Metabolism and financial support for Endocrinology Research projects 11%
- Coordinate research project activities and attend meetings of the different research activities.
- Coordinate meetings for investigators and provide general support for these meetings
- Assistance with financial management and grant and contract management
- Assist in preparation of announcements, presentations, administrative records and reports
- Maintain contact lists of speakers, caterers, Medical Center and community contacts
- Provide general support for day-to day office and program activities, including filing, answering phones, etc.
- Liaison with community members and outside agencies
- Medical: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or POS group medical insurance benefits. The cost for these benefits is shared between the Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Dental: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or PPO group dental insurance benefit options, including orthodontic allowances. The cost for these benefits is shared between Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Vision: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with group vision insurance benefit options. The cost for these benefits is shared between Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Disability: Eligible employees are provided with long-term disability insurance, which is fully paid for by Lundquist Institute This insurance provides benefits if an employee becomes disabled due to illness, pregnancy, or injury for more than 120 days.
- Paid Vacation: Eligible employees can accumulate ten (10) hours of vacation per month up to a maximum of 15 working days per year.
- Pension Plan: The Lundquist Institute provides a retirement plan for eligible employees, which is fully funded by Lundquist Institute. The Lundquist Institute makes an annual contribution based on each employee’s earnings in accordance with the provisions of the plan.
- Supplemental Retirement: Eligible employees can participate in a 403(b) supplemental retirement plan which allows pretax contributions. The Lundquist Institute offers a variety of investment options through Fidelity Investment, TIAA/CREF.
- Life Insurance: Eligible employees are provided with group life insurance, which is fully paid for by the Lundquist Institute.
- Paid Sick Leave: Eligible employees can accrue up to ten (10) days of sick leave per year.
The Lundquist Institute is a non-profit scientific research organization dedicated to saving lives not only in the greater Los Angles metro area but throughout the world. The Institute has over more than 120 principal investigators and 400 researchers in total — MD’s, MD/PhD’s, and PhD’s — working on over 1,000 research studies. We are academically affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and work in partnership with the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. Our research is funded by many sources including grants from the NIH and other government entities, Industry and teaching contracts and royalties, as well as private donors and other non-profit foundations.
Position requires a background check and health clearance
Please apply on-line @ www.Lundquist.org
Equal Opportunity Employer