The Lundquist Institute is looking for a Full-time Project Coordinator to join our team in our Torrance, CA location
Required Skills & Qualifications:
This position requires a Bachelor Degree. Basic knowledge of office procedures, ability to use professional concepts in accordance with the institutional and project objectives. Strong interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate well with internal and external research and professional staff. Excellent oral and written communication skills. High level of initiative, desire to contribute to The Lundquist goals.
Description of Duties
- Coordinate meeting with investigators, administration, staff and community members
- Assistance with financial management, grant and contract management and grant and contract reporting
- Assist in preparation of announcements, presentations, administrative records and reports and maintain contact lists.
- Provide general support for day-to day office and program activities, including filing, answering phones in relation to mainly research related activities of the Division of Endocrinology
- Keep calendar for principal investigators of the division of endocrinology
- Liaison with Community members and outside agencies
- Assist with development for public relations material, coordinate, and set-up meetings and events with multiple participants
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Work schedule 8:00 – 5:00 pm.
- Medical: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or POS group medical insurance benefits. The cost for these benefits is shared between the Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Dental: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or PPO group dental insurance benefit options, including orthodontic allowances. The cost for these benefits is shared between Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Vision: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with group vision insurance benefit options. The cost for these benefits is shared between Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Disability: Eligible employees are provided with long-term disability insurance, which is fully paid for by Lundquist Institute This insurance provides benefits if an employee becomes disabled due to illness, pregnancy, or injury for more than 120 days.
- Paid Vacation: Eligible employees can accumulate ten (10) hours of vacation per month up to a maximum of 15 working days per year.
- Pension Plan: The Lundquist Institute provides a retirement plan for eligible employees, which is fully funded by Lundquist Institute. The Lundquist Institute makes an annual contribution based on each employee’s earnings in accordance with the provisions of the plan.
- Supplemental Retirement: Eligible employees can participate in a 403(b) supplemental retirement plan which allows pretax contributions. The Lundquist Institute offers a variety of investment options through Fidelity Investment, TIAA/CREF.
- Life Insurance: Eligible employees are provided with group life insurance, which is fully paid for by the Lundquist Institute.
- Paid Sick Leave: Eligible employees can accrue up to ten (10) days of sick leave per year.
The Lundquist Institute is a non-profit scientific research organization dedicated to saving lives not only in the greater Los Angles metro area but throughout the world. The Institute has over more than 120 principal investigators and 400 researchers in total — MD’s, MD/PhD’s, and PhD’s — working on over 1,000 research studies. We are academically affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and work in partnership with the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. Our research is funded by many sources including grants from the NIH and other government entities, Industry and teaching contracts and royalties, as well as private donors and other non-profit foundations.
Position requires a background check and health clearance
Please apply on-line @ www.Lundquist.org
Equal Opportunity Employer