The Lundquist Institute is looking for a Full-time Administrative Manager to join our team in our Torrance, CA location
The Department is looking for an experienced Individual to oversee and provide leadership in the development and implementation of integrated operational and administrative programs, structures, systems, policies, and programs in academic medicine environment.
Description of Duties
- Serve as a strategic partner with the Chair and other senior Faculty and Staff in the planning and implementation of policies, programs, and initiatives that support the primary mission areas of the Department and the Institution(s).
- Oversees and coordinates the administration of all departmental clinical affairs activities for internal, contract, and volunteer patient care providers, to include credentialing, licensure, privileging, and compliance.
- Coordinates all faculty affairs for the department, to include compensation components, productivity and performance administration, promotion and merit issues, leave management, and other general faculty human resources matters.
- Participates in the establishment and implementation of short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement.
- Researches, identifies, and evaluates opportunities for enhancement of existing operational models and the development of new and innovative programmatic and operational models for potential departmental application.
- Ensures cross-departmental consistency in meeting research, educational, clinical, and administrative compliance standards; provides leadership and guidance to faculty and staff in matters related to understanding of overall departmental goals and objectives, and individual roles and responsibilities.
- Serves as an operational and policy liaison, facilitator, and coordinator, as appropriate, to clinical, academic, and/or service program entities.
- Serves as staff representative to various leadership constituencies and to external agencies, professional organizations, and community entities.
- Ensures that appropriate human resources, staffing structures, and administrative systems are in place to ensure timely and resource-efficient responses to the demands of the department.
- Performs periodic cost and productivity analyses, ensuring sound fiscal operation of the department through development and oversight of budgets.
- Medical: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or POS group medical insurance benefits. The cost for these benefits is shared between the Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Dental: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or PPO group dental insurance benefit options, including orthodontic allowances. The cost for these benefits is shared between Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Vision: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with group vision insurance benefit options. The cost for these benefits is shared between Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Disability: Eligible employees are provided with long-term disability insurance, which is fully paid for by Lundquist Institute This insurance provides benefits if an employee becomes disabled due to illness, pregnancy, or injury for more than 120 days.
- Paid Vacation: Eligible employees can accumulate ten (10) hours of vacation per month up to a maximum of 15 working days per year.
- Pension Plan: The Lundquist Institute provides a retirement plan for eligible employees, which is fully funded by Lundquist Institute. The Lundquist Institute makes an annual contribution based on each employee’s earnings in accordance with the provisions of the plan.
- Supplemental Retirement: Eligible employees can participate in a 403(b) supplemental retirement plan which allows pretax contributions. The Lundquist Institute offers a variety of investment options through Fidelity Investment, TIAA/CREF.
- Life Insurance: Eligible employees are provided with group life insurance, which is fully paid for by the Lundquist Institute.
- Paid Sick Leave: Eligible employees can accrue up to ten (10) days of sick leave per year.
The Lundquist Institute is a non-profit scientific research organization dedicated to saving lives not only in the greater Los Angles metro area but throughout the world. The Institute has over more than 120 principal investigators and 400 researchers in total — MD’s, MD/PhD’s, and PhD’s — working on over 1,000 research studies. We are academically affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and work in partnership with the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. Our research is funded by many sources including grants from the NIH and other government entities, Industry and teaching contracts and royalties, as well as private donors and other non-profit foundations.
Position requires a background check and health clearance
Please apply on-line @ www.Lundquist.org
Equal Opportunity Employer