Required Skills & Qualifications:
- GED or high school Diploma
- Bachelors Biological Science
- 6Months lab experience preferred
- Experience in immunology and recombinant protein chemistry
- Sound background in molecular biology of microorganisms (fungal genetic manipulation)
- Work with animal models for fungal pathogens
- Experience with host cell interactions
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Ability to interact in an appropriate and professional manner
- Demonstrated cooperative behavior and positive-problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Available to work dependable, flexible shift
Description of Duties
- Supervise sleep study participants and ensure all protocol time points are followed
- Cell-base assay
- Flow Cytometry
- DNA/RNA Isolation
- PCR, RT PCR
- Southern/Northern/Western Blot
- Yeast genetics
- Mammalian tissue culture
- Cloning, CRISP-CAs(, RNA1, other molecular approaches to make mutants in fungi/bacteria
- Other duties as may be assigned (required)
- Medical: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or POS group medical insurance benefits. The cost for these benefits is shared between the Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Dental: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or PPO group dental insurance benefit options, including orthodontic allowances. The cost for these benefits is shared between Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Vision: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with group vision insurance benefit options. The cost for these benefits is shared between Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Disability: Eligible employees are provided with long-term disability insurance, which is fully paid for by Lundquist Institute This insurance provides benefits if an employee becomes disabled due to illness, pregnancy, or injury for more than 120 days.
- Paid Vacation: Eligible employees can accumulate ten (10) hours of vacation per month up to a maximum of 15 working days per year.
- Pension Plan: The Lundquist Institute provides a retirement plan for eligible employees, which is fully funded by Lundquist Institute. The Lundquist Institute makes an annual contribution based on each employee’s earnings in accordance with the provisions of the plan.
- Supplemental Retirement: Eligible employees can participate in a 403(b) supplemental retirement plan which allows pretax contributions. The Lundquist Institute offers a variety of investment options through Fidelity Investment, TIAA/CREF.
- Life Insurance: Eligible employees are provided with group life insurance, which is fully paid for by the Lundquist Institute.
- Paid Sick Leave: Eligible employees can accrue up to ten (10) days of sick leave per year.
The Lundquist Institute is a non-profit scientific research organization dedicated to saving lives not only in the greater Los Angles metro area but throughout the world. The Institute has over more than 120 principal investigators and 400 researchers in total — MD’s, MD/PhD’s, and PhD’s — working on over 1,000 research studies. We are academically affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and work in partnership with the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. Our research is funded by many sources including grants from the NIH and other government entities, Industry and teaching contracts and royalties, as well as private donors and other non-profit foundations.
Position requires a background check and health clearance
Please apply on-line @ www.Lundquist.org
Equal Opportunity Employer