The Lundquist Institute is looking for Two SUD Counselors to join our team in our Torrance, CA location
Two positions available: one 100% 40hr position and one 80% 32hr position
Options for Recovery Women’s Perinatal Outpatient Substance Use Disorder program is seeking two dynamic Substance Use Disorder Counselors/Case Managers to interact with clients on a day-to-day basis by providing individual, group counseling, crisis intervention, and case management services. We are looking for self-motivated individuals who have experience in working with pregnant and parenting women.
Options for Recovery has provided steadfast commitment and exceptional recovery-focused, quality care to women for the past 30 years. Our staff are experts in the field of behavioral health care, providing leading-edge substance use treatment for women and their children. Options for Recovery offers competitive salaries and benefits, comprehensive job training, a supportive learning environment, ongoing education in the use of evidence-based practices and the opportunity to further develop and improve clinical skills.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- BS degree in Behavioral Sciences, Counseling, Clinical Psychology, or SUD counseling certificate may be accepted in lieu of degree depending on experience
- Registered and/or certified as a SUD counselor with a California certificate agency such as CAADE, CCAPP, or CADTP
- Minimum 1 - 2 years’ experience providing counseling and/or case management services to women in the Substance Use Disorder field highly desirable.
- Possess an understanding of the nature of the disease concept and its respective recovery processes;
- Must demonstrate knowledge to develop, implement, and direct treatment plans that encourage problem-solving skills and promote growth for clients.
- Major in Human Services, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or any major with a dire interest in helping women and children overcome problems due to substance use disorders.
- 6-month Internship commitment 20-25 hours per week. Consistent schedule
- Self-Starter interested in learning all clinical aspects of treatment women with Addiction issues.
- Registered with CAADE or CCAPP a plus
- Supervision is provided for all Interns.
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist provides supervision hours available for MFT’s and MSW students.
- Website www.optionsforrecovery.com
Description of Duties
- Counselor/ Case Manager will conduct assessments and develop mutually agreed upon treatment plans with measurable treatment goals and objectives for all assigned clients. Assessments include ASAM, Bio-Pyscho-Social and additional assessments as needed.
- Counselor/ Case Manager will conduct therapeutic groups, such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Process Groups, Drug and Alcohol Educational Groups, Life Skills Groups and provide general supervision of all clients ;
- Assist with drug testing procedures
- Counselor/ Case Manager will perform individual one-on-one sessions at least 2-3 per week for all assigned clients;
- Attend and participate in supervision sessions, clinical meetings and training courses as required.
- Develop and complete client treatment plans, letters, and other correspondences that provide advocacy for clients.
- Research and assist clients with all case management needs including but not limited to( applying for medi-cal, locating medical providers, support with family and legal issues, attaining housing)
- Provide supportive care to women as they transition from the various levels of care.
- The ability to multi-task and complete all EHR and File documentation and charting by the designated deadlines with minimal errors.
- Complies with productivity standards of the Agency and maintains an appropriate caseload to reach the budgeted daily expectation of billable hours.
- The desire to become familiar with all operational policies and procedures of Options for Recovery and contractual agreements with Los Angeles County Substance Abuse Prevention and Control.
- The ability to provide clinical consultation and referral resources to family members, and others to help support clients in their recovery.
- Collaborates with members of the multi-disciplinary treatment team for the delivery of a full spectrum of clinical services.
- The ability to collaborate with and build trusting relationships with clients, other professionals involved with clients treatment and family in order to help clients achieve long-term success
- Medical: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or POS group medical insurance benefits. The cost for these benefits is shared between the Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Dental: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or PPO group dental insurance benefit options, including orthodontic allowances. The cost for these benefits is shared between Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Vision: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with group vision insurance benefit options. The cost for these benefits is shared between Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Disability: Eligible employees are provided with long-term disability insurance, which is fully paid for by Lundquist Institute This insurance provides benefits if an employee becomes disabled due to illness, pregnancy, or injury for more than 120 days.
- Paid Vacation: Eligible employees can accumulate ten (10) hours of vacation per month up to a maximum of 15 working days per year.
- Pension Plan: The Lundquist Institute provides a retirement plan for eligible employees, which is fully funded by Lundquist Institute. The Lundquist Institute makes an annual contribution based on each employee’s earnings in accordance with the provisions of the plan.
- Supplemental Retirement: Eligible employees can participate in a 403(b) supplemental retirement plan which allows pretax contributions. The Lundquist Institute offers a variety of investment options through Fidelity Investment, TIAA/CREF.
- Life Insurance: Eligible employees are provided with group life insurance, which is fully paid for by the Lundquist Institute.
- Paid Sick Leave: Eligible employees can accrue up to ten (10) days of sick leave per year.
The Lundquist Institute is a non-profit scientific research organization dedicated to saving lives not only in the greater Los Angles metro area but throughout the world. The Institute has over more than 120 principal investigators and 400 researchers in total — MD’s, MD/PhD’s, and PhD’s — working on over 1,000 research studies. We are academically affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and work in partnership with the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. Our research is funded by many sources including grants from the NIH and other government entities, Industry and teaching contracts and royalties, as well as private donors and other non-profit foundations.
Position requires a background check and health clearance
Please apply on-line @ www.Lundquist.org
Equal Opportunity Employer