Education Coordinator | Job Code 21-019
The Education Coordinator helps to plan, organize, and implement the educational curriculum for the Harbor-UCLA Ob/Gyn residents. This curriculum contributes to the overall development of medical knowledge, clinical decision-making, and operative skills during Ob/Gyn residency.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A baccalaureate degree in any field
- Have knowledge and prior experience in establishing a curriculum
- Basic technical skills relating to the use of basic office equipment, including, but not limited to, telephone, fax, copier, printer, projectors, and camera/video camera.
- Computer skills (managing files, generating Word documents) and proficiency in computer programs such as Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and experience with basic statistical analysis would be a plus
- The ability to use abstract reasoning, problem solving, planning, and analytical skills in training, evaluation, and program development
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills, specifically experience working in a team setting
- Effective writing skills for purposes of communication and documentation.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the planning, development, and implementation of the educational curriculum to suit the learning needs of the residents
- Assist in ensuring that residents have access to adequate learning materials
- Attend and help coordinate educational and skills lab activities
- Distribute, collect, and manage resident, faculty, and activity evaluations
- Work cooperatively with the residency coordinators to meet residency requirements
- Assist individual faculty with their needs pertaining to the educational activities
- Ensure that files and documentation are complete, accurate, and confidentially maintained where necessary
- Assist in updating and disseminating educational materials and schedules
- Actively participate in the development of a Residents as Teachers curriculum and an end-of-the-year resident promotion exam
- Assist in the development and conduct of research studies relating to the educational curriculum