Donor Relations & Stewardship Manager
The Donor Relations and Stewardship Manager will be responsible for maintaining lifelong relationships with top donors, through targeted communications, specialized impact reports, and thoughtful stewardship. He/She works to build a consistent culture of gratitude, and ensures that all supporters feel appreciated, informed, and engaged. They ensure that donors are consistently recognized for contributions to the Lundquist Institute Community, and their work touches all donor types (principal, major, annual, corporate, foundations).
Working with a broad range of both Institute-wide colleagues and external constituents in a highly service-oriented role, the Manager represents the Office of Institutional Advancement among some of our most generous donors, and therefore must understand and work in conjunction with the Office of Public Affairs, specific investigators, and the Office of the President. Due to the level of confidential information handled, the position requires careful judgment and discretion; and the diversity of workload requires flexibility, efficiency, and the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines for a wide variety of assignments.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following):
- Manage stewardship communications between the Institute and top donors, including messages from Office of the President
- Develop and manage the annual communications plan between the Institute and donors to funds as assigned
- Write, edit, and produce individualized impact reports containing information about fund recipients and their work, and the financial status of funds
- Work within CRM (Salesforce) to gather and integrate data, including information about funds, donors, and fund beneficiaries
- Uncover and report on fund usage information through Salesforce tracking
- Manage existing fund records for the reporting portfolio, as appropriate, and ensure that the correct stewardship donors/contacts and fund recipients are linked and that information is kept accurate and current
- Build reports detailing priorities and relevant information for prospects
Annual Fund Pushes
- Manage and oversee annual Giving Day at The Lundquist Institute
- Manage and oversee triannual appeal to annual fund.
- Build contact lists and manage messaging: postal mail, email, phone call, text.
- Work with Public Affairs on design and execution of communication campaigns for all annual fund pushes.
- Serve as bridge between Public Affairs and events for all functions engaging donors, including but not limited to: Gala, Legends, Thanks for Giving.
Maintenance of Donor Data in Salesforce
- Ensure that information in Salesforce related to fund portfolio is updated and complete, from the inclusion of new funds with accurate gift tag relationships to ensuring that the correct stewardship donors/contacts and fund beneficiaries are linked
- Input contact reports as-needed in Salesforce
- Document donor acknowledgement in Salesforce
New Initiatives and Other Duties as Assigned
- Participate in building dedications, gift celebrations, galas, and other events as needed
- Service on ad-hoc committees as assigned/necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or 4-6 years of related experience.
- Experience in a similar role with demonstrated record of success within Development departments in non-profit or related sector.
- Ability to share specific examples of success and references.