Director - Facilities Management | Job Code 21-034
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- BS degree in Engineering, Architecture or a related field of study, or comparable work experience
- At least ten (10) years’ experience providing facility management services in a leadership capacity
- Facilities management experience in the area of laboratory-based scientific research is desired, including familiarity with wet lab, dry lab, lab support, bio-repositories, and vivarium facilities.
- Advanced mechanical skills and knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC and other building systems. Ability to troubleshoot issues and maintain continuous operations in support of research environment.
- Computer literacy; especially as related to building control/management systems; including use of alerts, trend analysis, etc.
- Proficiency with repair tools and techniques; able to troubleshoot issues and make minor emergency repairs or adjustments using hand tools or control system adjustments.
- Ability to understand building plans, specifications, submittals and O&M manuals.
- Experience in building construction and maintenance; budget management and financial modeling.
- Demonstrated expertise in the management of design and construction service providers.
- Experience in campus master planning a plus
Description of Duties:
- Coordinate and oversee building maintenance, repairs, and upgrades. Analyze and diagnose problems and devise effective long-term solutions.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with building users. Attend to needs related to ongoing building services, safety, security and comfort.
- Maintain cooperative and productive relationships with vendors and service providers.
- Provide 24x7 on-call, potentially onsite support in emergency situations
- As the organization’s subject matter expert, provide competency for BMS/HVAC management, fire alarm, access control, security/CCTV and lighting control systems.
- Manage all capital projects from development to completion, including determining scope, design, bid solicitation and analysis, contractor/consultant selection and oversight.
- Assure compliance with applicable codes and regulations relating to capital projects and on-going maintenance of facilities.
- Update and implement long-term capital improvement plan to support the Institute’s Strategic Plan.
- Assure critical systems (freezers, data centers) are protected from failure through effective maintenance programs, design safeguards, redundancies and backup systems.
- Oversee facilities repair and maintenance and custodial services personnel.
- Assure preventive maintenance programs are in place and operational for key assets
- Develop and administer the annual facilities management operating budget.
- Develop and facilitate building and maintenance policies and procedures