Clinical Research Scientist | Job Code: 21-106
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree Biochemistry or a related life science. Master’s degree highly desired.
- 3 + years’ experience in a clinical research laboratory. Experience in reproductive endocrinology or a comparable subject matter a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- California Clinical Research Scientist (CRS) license
- Affiliation with the Association for Mass Spectrometry Applications in Clinical Labs (MSACL) or with the Association of Mass Spectrometry, highly desired.
- Ability to manage and supervise the clinical laboratory for daily operations per GLP guidelines
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) guidelines
- Proficiency in laboratory methodologies; animal experiments; immunoassay;
- Fundamental knowledge of reproductive endocrinology highly desired
- Experience with LC-MS/MS highly desirable
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy in performing work assignments
- Well organized. Ability to work independently. Self-directed.
Description of Duties:
- Manage and supervise junior research lab personnel; develop and oversee work schedule
- Communicate, interact and liaise with research study sponsors, investigators and subordinates.
- Manage daily operations, review assay performance of junior research personnel
- Manage day to day expenses of the lab, develop cost of each test, develop lab budgets for laboratory studies and to prepare study laboratory manuals for clinical studies.
- Perform assay work using developed laboratory methodologies; semen analyses, immunoassay, and LC-MS/MS in accordance with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) guidelines