Clinical Research Associate I | Job Code 21-102
The Lundquist Institute is looking for a Clinical Research Associate I to join our team in our Torrance, CA location
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree- Life Sciences, Healthcare Management, Nursing or a related field of study
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience working in a similar capacity as a Clinical Research Coordinator
- Working knowledge of clinical research process- i.e. budgeting, participant recruitment, protocols, consenting process, records and regulatory management requirements, etc
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Possess superior organization skills- data and document management
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of good clinical practices and patient assessment
- Effective interpersonal skills-ability to be firm, yet diplomatic
Description of Duties
- Management of clinical trials: patient recruitment; coordination and monitoring of study visits and study procedures; venipuncture, data collection, patient education, investigator meeting participation.
- Research study protocols- understanding inclusion/exclusion criteria, understanding medical diagnostic tests
- Oversight of clinical and research activities in the clinic
- Administrative responsibilities
- Medical: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or POS group medical insurance benefits. The cost for these benefits is shared between the Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Dental: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or PPO group dental insurance benefit options, including orthodontic allowances. The cost for these benefits is shared between Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Vision: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with group vision insurance benefit options. The cost for these benefits is shared between Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Disability: Eligible employees are provided with long-term disability insurance, which is fully paid for by Lundquist Institute This insurance provides benefits if an employee becomes disabled due to illness, pregnancy, or injury for more than 120 days.
- Paid Vacation: Eligible employees can accumulate ten (10) hours of vacation per month up to a maximum of 15 working days per year.
- Pension Plan: The Lundquist Institute provides a retirement plan for eligible employees, which is fully funded by Lundquist Institute. The Lundquist Institute makes an annual contribution based on each employee’s earnings in accordance with the provisions of the plan.
- Supplemental Retirement: Eligible employees can participate in a 403(b) supplemental retirement plan which allows pretax contributions. The Lundquist Institute offers a variety of investment options through Fidelity Investment, TIAA/CREF.
- Life Insurance: Eligible employees are provided with group life insurance, which is fully paid for by the Lundquist Institute.
- Paid Sick Leave: Eligible employees can accrue up to ten (10) days of sick leave per year.
The Lundquist Institute is a non-profit scientific research organization dedicated to saving lives not only in the greater Los Angles metro area but throughout the world. The Institute has over more than 120 principal investigators and 400 researchers in total — MD’s, MD/PhD’s, and PhD’s — working on over 1,000 research studies. We are academically affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and work in partnership with the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. Our research is funded by many sources including grants from the NIH and other government entities, Industry and teaching contracts and royalties, as well as private donors and other non-profit foundations.
Position requires a background check and health clearance
Please apply on-line @ www.Lundquist.org
Equal Opportunity Employer