Administrative Assistant Job Code 22-034
The Lundquist Institute is looking for a Part-time Administrative Assistant to join our team in our Torrance, CA location
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- GED or High school diploma
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Experience in data entry
- Experience running virtual meetings
- Ability to organize administrative tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Dependability as well as flexibility to meet the changing needs of a dynamic program
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as independently
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to interact in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Demonstrated cooperative behavior and experience with positive-problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Available to work dependable, flexible shifts including evenings and weekends ( only if needed).
Description of Duties
The administrative assistant for the UCAAN project will assist with various activities related to the UCAAN Project Mitigating the Toxic Stress Response in Patients with ACEs-related Health Conditions: ACEs Aware Diabetes Care in a Safety-Net Family Medicine Clinic. Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting administrative functions of the project, including making and receiving phone calls, taking minutes of meetings, contacting patients, ordering supplies, and other duties
- Administering questionnaires and surveys and entering data into electronic format for further analysis
- Assisting with group medical visits and other project activities
- Attend and productively participate in staff meetings and trainings as needed.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Maintain a pleasant, courteous, tactful attitude with all contacts.
- Work with minimal supervision in exercising initiative in organizing and completing daily tasks.
- Solve minor problems by using judgment based on knowledge of Institute policies and department practices and procedures.
- Meet established productivity and task management standards for assigned duties.
- Overtime is a condition of employment and may be required based on the needs of the Institute.
- Responsible for other tasks as may be required for efficient operation of the project.
The Lundquist Institute is a non-profit scientific research organization dedicated to saving lives not only in the greater Los Angles metro area but throughout the world. The Institute has over more than 120 principal investigators and 400 researchers in total — MD’s, MD/PhD’s, and PhD’s — working on over 1,000 research studies. We are academically affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and work in partnership with the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. Our research is funded by many sources including grants from the NIH and other government entities, Industry and teaching contracts and royalties, as well as private donors and other non-profit foundations.
Position requires a background check and health clearance
Please apply on-line @ www.Lundquist.org
Equal Opportunity Employer