Administrative Assistant | Job Code #19-040
Torrance, US-CA 90502
FT 100 % for 40-hours per week (regular full-time benefits)
# of Openings:
Office of the President-1020
Minimum education requirements:
GED or high school diploma
Based on Qualifications & Experience
5/2/19 5:24 PM
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Some post HS education in a related field of study – i.e. Business Administration, Life Sciences, Health Care Administration, etc. BS degree highly desired.
- MS Office certification highly desired. Proficiency in Word, Excel and Power Point required. Familiarity with Mac’s desirable.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in a similar capacity position in a comparable work environment
- Capability to manage multiple work assignments simultaneously, identifying priorities, developing timelines and using sound judgment.
- Ability to navigate internal resources and organizational structure in order to research and resolve administrative issues/problems tactfully and promptly.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
Description of Duties:
- Exercise good judgment, discretion and confidentiality of information, in managing inquiries from researchers or staff, vendors, business associates, donors and potential donors, community leaders and others, assuring a prompt and accurate response to each inquiry.
- Management of schedules on behalf of the CEO, CFO and VP EEC.
- Review and manage incoming written communications (i.e. letters, emails, memos, submissions and reports) and exercise judgment and discretion in determining how best to manage the communications, including handling it themselves, delegating it to others or referring it to the principal for handling.
- Schedule meetings, including catering, AV, meeting rooms - preparation of agendas, research, minutes and other required materials
- Develop and maintain manual and digital files, records and other documents in a manner to assure retention and timely retrieval.
- Make travel arrangements for meetings, symposiums, and conferences
- Prepare reports and presentations utilizing Power Point and other presentation software with embedded graphs, diagrams, charts and summaries
- Compose clear, accurate and concise letters, reports, memoranda, presentations and other materials independently from oral and written instructions. Edit and proofread materials with attention to accuracy in grammar, spelling, formatting and calculations.