Administrative Assistant II |Job Code 21-060
The Lundquist Institute is looking for a Full-time Administrative Assistant II to join our team in our Torrance, CA location
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree-Health Sciences, Business Admin, or Health Admin
- Basic knowledge of policies and procedures for Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education and American Board of Anesthesiology as it pertains to the residency and fellowship training program.
- Basic knowledge of county and hospital policies and procedures pertaining to the Department of Anesthesiology.
- Knowledge of processes and workflow of department and hospital contracts and contract monitoring.
- Knowledge/understanding of the mission and responsibilities of an academic/public sector/safety net medical center.
- Great verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills that can convey problems and proposals in both formal and informal situations.
- Able to prioritize tasks according to the relative importance of issues per the department.
- Ability to work independently and manage – meet the deadlines for multiple assignments – often with conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to stay organized and produce high-quality and time efficient projects and reports.
- Ability to work well in teams.
- Excellent leaderships skills and as the ability to delegate tasks and responsibilities to administrative staff.
- Ability to design, develop and implement compliance and competency tracking and monitoring tools for the department.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships on all personnel levels; to interact in an appropriate and professional manner.
Description of Duties
Anesthesiology Training Programs and Recruitment
- Assist Program Directors in the management and oversight of all aspects of the training programs.
- Provide consultative and administrative support to resident and fellowship training program.
- Maintain knowledge of current regulations, policies and procedures mandated by the accrediting bodies: Resident Review Committee, Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), American Board of Anesthesiology (ABA), and other relevant accrediting and regulatory bodies.
- Communicate and maintain relationships with regulatory agencies and affiliated hospitals.
- Oversee all department, faculty, resident and fellow evaluations and ensure maintenance of electronic evaluation process with bi-annual distribution of reports.
- Ensure area files and academic files for trainees are up to date, including but not limited to CA medical licenses, DEA licenses, ACLS and BLS certifications.
- Review and submit trainee information and documentation bi-annually to accrediting bodies: ACGME and ABA.
- Prepare and distribute Completion of Training certificates, including affiliated hospitals.
- Prepare and distribute annual master block schedule for trainees.
- Plan and coordinate annual graduation banquet and annual trainee retreat.
- Provide verification of training of current and former trainees to outside agencies.
- Prepare and distribute Hospital and Program information to applicants.
- Screen applicants, coordinate interview invitations and denial of applications, organize interviews and welcome receptions, and maintain a database of all applicant files.
- Develop Rank list of candidates after Housestaff Selection Committee members have met and evaluated all candidates – submit final rank list to the NRMP.
- Oversee and coordinate on-boarding for all new trainees.
- Other duties as may be assigned (required)
- Medical: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or POS group medical insurance benefits. The cost for these benefits is shared between the Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Dental: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or PPO group dental insurance benefit options, including orthodontic allowances. The cost for these benefits is shared between Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Vision: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with group vision insurance benefit options. The cost for these benefits is shared between Lundquist Institute and the employee.
- Disability: Eligible employees are provided with long-term disability insurance, which is fully paid for by Lundquist Institute This insurance provides benefits if an employee becomes disabled due to illness, pregnancy, or injury for more than 120 days.
- Paid Vacation: Eligible employees can accumulate ten (10) hours of vacation per month up to a maximum of 15 working days per year.
- Pension Plan: The Lundquist Institute provides a retirement plan for eligible employees, which is fully funded by Lundquist Institute. The Lundquist Institute makes an annual contribution based on each employee’s earnings in accordance with the provisions of the plan.
- Supplemental Retirement: Eligible employees can participate in a 403(b) supplemental retirement plan which allows pretax contributions. The Lundquist Institute offers a variety of investment options through Fidelity Investment, TIAA/CREF.
- Life Insurance: Eligible employees are provided with group life insurance, which is fully paid for by the Lundquist Institute.
- Paid Sick Leave: Eligible employees can accrue up to ten (10) days of sick leave per year.
The Lundquist Institute is a non-profit scientific research organization dedicated to saving lives not only in the greater Los Angles metro area but throughout the world. The Institute has over more than 120 principal investigators and 400 researchers in total — MD’s, MD/PhD’s, and PhD’s — working on over 1,000 research studies. We are academically affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and work in partnership with the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. Our research is funded by many sources including grants from the NIH and other government entities, Industry and teaching contracts and royalties, as well as private donors and other non-profit foundations.
Position requires a background check and health clearance
Please apply on-line @ www.Lundquist.org
Equal Opportunity Employer